August 14, 2007

New hobby, Housesitting.

So my across the street neighbors were gone for a week and I told them I would watch their house, i.e. put the trash out on garbage day, get the mail and water the flowers. No biggie. They were getting some work done in the back having sprinklers put in and a paver patio. Well, the workers turned off the irrigation, and..... the front lawn wasn't getting watered. I noticed some dark spots but wasn't sure what was going on, by the time I figured it out (I never see the sprinklers go off so couldn't tell if the lawn was getting watered or not) they were back and the yard had some definite brown spots. It's already recovered though and is nice and green again. Now that I know what a dying lawn looks like I can prevent it in future sitting ventures.

A couple of my other friends are in the the Happiest Place on Earth right now. I'm feeding their fish, getting their mail and bringing in the paper. When I walked in the first day there was a huge plate of GF Chocolate Chip cookies to thank me!!! Yummy. I'm probably enjoying them a bit to much. My second day I walked in to not one, not two... but THREE giant spiders just hanging out on the walls, so I've added exterminator to my list of duties while they are gone. Don't worry, I washed all the bug guts off the wall.

No comments: