June 24, 2007

Projector Mounted!

Between Chris waking up and making noise and Rachel not feeling good and coughing like crazy, I was up this morning before 6:00 AM (way to early in my mind). I decided today would be a good day to get some work done on the theater before we head on vacation to Minnesota this next week.

Mounting the projector involved climbing into the attic 5 times, building a crazy mounting bracket and dragging insulation all over the house (which I'm sure made Rachel happy).

I didn't take Gar's advice, which was
Gar (6/12/2007 1:50:19 PM): Wear shorts, a tank top, and no mask. Do it at 6pm too please.
Gar (6/12/2007 1:51:12 PM): so hot that shorts do nothing, except allow insulation to stick to your sweaty legs and itch for weeks.
Instead I did most of it around 9:00-11:00 AM, by the time noon rolled around it was blazing hot up there and it would have been a most unpleasant experience. Now that I'm intimately familiar with the attic I hope that running cables for the audio equipment will be a lot easier than mounting this silly projector!

Projector: Mitsubishi HD1000U

1 comment:

Adam Baldwin said...

For the record, that advice from Gar was just a joke and his real advice was to do it early in the morning.