June 12, 2008

Had a great day.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was probably one of the better birthdays I've ever had, I truly enjoyed the whole day.

It started off first thing in the morning with my dad bringing me a Dutch Bros coffee. That in itself might have made for a perfect day. Then my sister came to visit, bringing me a gluten free brownie mix and a movie I've been wanting for a while Howl's Moving Castle. Before she made her exit my friend Suzy came over and brought me bath stuff!! We talked for a while and I thoroughly enjoyed her company. I don't see her as often as I would like and it made the day that much better. The neighbor and her daughter came over and brought me chocolate and a card knowing I couldn't eat anything with wheat and hoping chocolate was safe, they left a little dissapointed that Christopher was taking a nap as they love to see him whenever they can!!

For dinner I BBQ'd and my parents came over. We had steaks, asparagus and potatoes, all done on the grill. It was pretty darn tasty. We watched a movie on the big screen and had a cocktail (my dad and I did anyway.) I'd been wanting to try Baileys new caramel flavor, it was yummy. Christopher behaved beautifully all day and went to bed after dinner with no fuss. All in all it was a really good birthday. Had Adam been home it would have been just that much better.

3 comments:

Athena said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday! :D

BTW, they had wheat/gluten free crackers at Costco. They weren't too bad. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a great bday. I was thinking about you!! I hope you got my card! :)
~Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! Hopefully we can get together soon. Talk to you later,

Laura