May 27, 2008

What to do...

So it's been a few weeks, I still have hives. Not only do I still have hives, I'm starting to get them places I haven't had them for months, like the bottoms of my feet and my scalp (along with all the usual everywhere else places.) When the hives first started 14 months ago it was on the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet, let me tell you it feels like you're walking on bone when you have hives on your feet. Now that I'm facing a miserable hive-y existence that my OBGYN says he doesn't believe is related to breastfeeding but rather that "giving birth" changed my chemical structure yada yada in such a way that I'm now allergic to something I wasn't previously, I'm a little dismayed. If you Google chronic hives, those people are not happy people... in fact most have had it as there is not much to be done. So, my Dr. told me to see an allergist. I will, then I'll let you know what said allergist says.

This last weekend was eventful. We found that we have birds in the attic, with lots of babies just chirp chirp chirping in there. They are actually in the house exhaust fan tube. Adam was unable to get to them this weekend (couldn't quite reach the nest,) so Gar won't be getting his ladder back until next weekend.

Adam was hard at work in the backyard getting the last corner weeded, he put down landscape fabric and a drip line. He also planted a dwarf japanese maple for me. Now I just need to figure out what else I want to plant back there and put down some bark-a-mulch. I'll post a picture soon.

2 comments:

flarin_erin said...

I got hives from Zest!

Had to switch to a nicer soap (dove unscented,undyed, bar soap) for my skin, no more hives.

The kids used to get horrible eczema, so I don't use dryer sheets anymore and I am using a gentler detergent called Ecover, you can find it at Yokes. I'm sure Mrs.Meyer's brand has a good one too at Yokes as well.

Babyfro said...

I've been using free and clear detergents and dryer sheets since before Christopher was born and I use dove bodywash, the Dr. says I'm doing all the right things in those areas and doesn't think that's the cause. We'll see in a few more weeks I suppose.

Christopher has eczema pretty bad on the back of his legs... maybe it's the dryer sheets.