April 1, 2008

Trying New Foods.

Christopher is not mine. I know this because no son of mine would actually LIKE avocado!! That's right, I don't know why I tried it, maybe some other mom said their kid liked it, who knows. I fed Christopher avocado, straight up... and he likes it. I can't stand the stuff (unless it's in guacamole form.) I don't think Adam likes avocado plain either. Strange child.

I also decided to try giving him some kiwi fruit, which he loves as well. The little seeds get all over everything, but he eats it right up. I suppose the reason I'm trying new foods is due to the fact that I'm not feeding him any "baby" food anymore. I haven't bought a jar of baby food in a couple of weeks, in fact his last jar was used on Easter. It sure stretches the imagination coming up with baby friendly foods in forms he can pick up himself and in pieces small enough he won't choke.

Christopher is just walking like crazy now, he loves to do it and is getting better and better at it every day. He also has started signing "more" to me, and while he can only do the one sign himself he understands the others. This has been great because I know that all the work I've been putting in trying to get him to sign will pay off. It's been a game of patience but hopefully will be well worth it.

Adam is in Vegas, again. His parents are on their way home from AZ so decided to visit with him in Vegas for a couple of evenings. I'm sure they are having a good time hanging out.

Over this last weekend we were busy. Saturday we went to the Art show at the Trac. Saturday night we headed to the neighbors for some Texas Hold 'Em. It was a good time, I learned how to what to do as I lost my chips, Adam had a couple of really good plays and Christopher was laughing so hard at one point he just curled up into a ball on the floor and giggled until he couldn't breath. He slept well that evening. Hopefully we'll play cards again in the near future. He slept well that evening. Sunday we went to a birthday party for Tomas, who turned 5. He received a lot of cars.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

The hard work you've put into teaching sign to Christopher will DEFINITELY be worth it!! It was the best thing we ever did with Riley and now we're working on Tyson too. He's also got "more" down, but hopefully the others will come around. Good luck!!

Kathleen said...

Something I want to do when I have kids as well. You will have to give me the low-down on what you did and how you did it.