April 27, 2008

New Appreciation

This weekend I had the experience of being a single parent as Rachel was out of town for a planning session for the cheerleader camp she helps out at every year. I have to say that I have a new appreciation for what Rachel has to do every day, by herself while I'm out of town traveling for work. It was an adventure....

Getting up before the sun does, changing diapers while 1/2 asleep, feeding Chris while 1/2 asleep (and having him be upset that I don't have boobs), keeping him entertained all day while trying to clean up the mess from the day before, all while trying to keep myself fed, entertained and clean. Hats off to you mama!

This weekend Chris learned a new trick. There is a spot on his high chair tray where he can't reach. That's where we put the cereal we don't want him to immediately shove into his face. He learned that if he throws his pacifier into that area it will knock more cereal within reach!

Oh and Mario Kart for wii is out...w00t

1 comment:

Babyfro said...

I had a fun weekend at Ocean Shores with the leadership group. The weather was great and I actually went for quite a few strolls on the beach with Theresa while I was there. I missed my guys though, Chris more so than Adam (as it was my first time away from the baby and Adam is gone every week.) I only cried about 4 times before I left town and a handful of times over the weekend.

I came home to a happy healthy family that had enjoyed a lot of BBQ and friends in my absence and the house looked pretty much the same as I left it. All in all I think it was a good time for everybody.